Friday, April 29, 2016

From the Toolbox – episode four

toolbox 5_1

Here’s another from the back of my special tool drawer. It’s one I used to use occasionally, although I don’t have a need for it at the moment. That’s not because I sold the car, by the way, but because I changed a component.

toolbox 5_2
At the heart of the tool is a 1/8-inch hex key, which is free to turn inside a thick-walled tube that has a knurled ring at one end.

toolbox 5_3

At the other end, notice the little pin at the step where the diameter of the tube changes – it’s very important.

You could use a simple hex key to do the job this tool does, but you would likely damage the component. So, can you tell us what this tool is, and how it is used? We’ll be back tomorrow with the answer.



from Hemmings Daily – News for the collector car enthusiast http://ift.tt/1NZJrv0

No comments:

Post a Comment